Monday, December 14, 2015

migrate, my great

Migrate or migrate ( one word ) means to move from one place or country to another, permanently, or with the seasons--
This bird will migrate to a warmer place before the weather gets cold.
Long ago, nomadic people would migrate from one part of the country to another, depending on the weather.

My great or my great ( two words, rhymes with migrate ) describes something fabulous, remarkable, or enormous ( great ) belonging to the speaker ( my )--
I thought everyone would be pleased with my great idea.
This was my great project, long ago when I had the time for it.

My great or my great may also describe or refer to a parent or sibling of  a grandparent ( great ) belonging to the speaker ( my )----
My great aunt is in the hospital; I want to go and visit her.
This once belonged to my great grandmother.

Now that you know that, you can say--
"My great grandparents decided to migrate west and buy a farm."

No comments:

Post a Comment